It is since this morning that I have been watching the rays of the sun from my window. Nevertheless, today, instead of breathing some fresh air outside, I will be happy to prepare a wonderful vegan spreadable cheese
I cannot stand Mondays, my friends know it, but today’s recipe has certainly made my day and, as the cheese is in the fridge to rest, I imagine it spread on a crispy slice of bread.
It is a very simple dish, which can be prepared in five minutes and with very few ingredients.
You just need to prepare a creamy base of minced cashews, with the addition of flakes of yeast, and my beloved Southern Italian dried tomatoes.
Let’s get lost in the goodness and creaminess of this cheese and forget, for a moment, the stress of everyday life!
Prep 5 mins | Cook 0 | Total 5 mins | Serves 5
- 310 g natural cashews
- 40 g flakes of yeast
- 40 g dried tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- Dip the cashews in a bowl of water and let them soak overnight.
- Remove water and put the cashews into a kitchen mixer.
- Add the flakes of yeast, lemon juice and salt to taste, then blend all until you get a smooth and creamy mixture. (Please note: do not add too much salt, because dried tomatoes are already salted).
- Cut the dried tomatoes into chunks, add them to the cheese and mix with a spoon.
- Put the cheese into another bowl and let it rest for a couple of hours in the fridge, so that it turns perfectly compact.
- Serve it.
- You can store it in the fridge, in a bowl for at least 4 days.
- Replace dried tomatoes with what you prefer, such as chives or spices.
- Serve with some slices of bread.