Vegan Muffins with Sun- Dried Tomatoes
During these days I was reflecting on how easy is to find everything within everybody’s reach. But have you ever wondered how much work is hidden behind the products that we buy?
So my kitchen is full of dried tomatoes. They recall in my mind summertime as I used to dry them with my grandmother. I perfectly remember how much we care to get a result of excellent quality. I miss those moments and those healthy flavours, but as I said, it’s easy to find everything within everybody’s reach.
For this recipe I am going to use sun-dried tomatoes Ciappa from Agriblea organic farm: a Sicilian company (www.pomodorisecchi.com) which produces and dries tomatoes according to tradition!
I will use them to prepare simple and tasty muffins: try them, you won’t regret it!
- 250 g flour;
- 50 g potato starch;
- 100 ml seed oil;
- 150 ml water;
- 1 bag dried yeast;
- 150 g Ciappa’s sun dried tomatoes;
- 100 Green olives;
- A pinch of salt.
- In a bowl, mix flour, potato starch and dried yeast.
- Slowly add oil and water and continue stirring until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
- Roughly chop sun-dried tomatoes and olives.
- Combine sun-dried tomatoes and olives with the mixture and stir it.
- Add some salt, do not overdo it. (Tomatoes are quite salty)
- Pour the mixture into muffin cutters and bake them in preheated oven at 180° C for about 25 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick if they are cooked and let them cool.
- Add some pumpkin seeds to the dough; they are great!
- You can enjoy them both warm or cold. (I prefer them warm)