Indian salad with asparagus |Vegan recipe
Nice things, unfortunately, need to be earned. If money is the reward for physical fatigue, the brief moments of relaxation are still a lifeline for our precarious spirituality.
This is a period full of work, the major challenge of Summer that we deserve. However, for today, we feel happy with a tasty and healthy lunch: asparagus, spring onions, turmeric, paprika, ginger, pepper and lemon, all stir-fried, for a fresh Indian flavours inspired salad.
So, abound with asparagus, vegetables rich in nutritional and beneficial properties, such as vegetable fibres, folic acid, vitamins, mineral salts. They are able to purify our body and prevent diseases, such as cancer or type 2 diabetes. We need to learn how to take care of ourselves, being even stronger to face new weeks and getting ready for the dress rehearsal!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 200 g asparagus
- 3 g turmeric powder;
- 5 spring onions;
- 3 g paprika powder;
- 2 g black pepper powder;
- 1 fresh pepper;
- Just enough extra virgin olive oil;
- Some lemon juice;
- Ginger- minced.
- Wash and chop asparagus into 2 cm pieces, then cut the tops;
- Remove with a knife the outer layer of summer onions. Remove the toughest green part too and slice the white part you will use later;
- In a frying pan heat up some oil, paprika, pepper, turmeric powder and fresh pepper. Mix well them and cook for 2 minutes;
- Add the spring onions and combine them with spices, stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown;
- Add the asparagus, lemon juice and ginger, mix with the other ingredients and simmer gently for 4-5 minutes;
- Serve on a slice of toasted bread.
- This dish is ideal if you have guests for lunch and no time. It is a perfect appetizer to start special lunches or dinners;
- It can also be used as seasoning for rice;
- Quickly simmer vegetables combined with spices so they will keep their magnificent beneficial properties.