Chickpea flour and broccoli pancakes
This recipe is a wonderful start to your week! It is an excellent choice, both for lunch or even for dinner. It is high in protein and totally veggie (as all my recipes) and very easy to prepare.
These pancakes are excellent served both hot or cold, and it is an ideal dish you can made in no time if you want to surprise your friends! Another good thing is that this dish is all but predictable, since it is tasty as well as not very common.
So, you just have to take notes of ingredients and preparation method.
Serves: 4 people
- 300 gr chickpea flour
- 300 gr Fresh Broccoli
- A cup of water
- An onion
- Black pepper (just enough)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A cup of natural soy yoghurt
- A pinch of salt
- Parsley (just enough)
- Lemon juice
- 100 gr red savoy cabbage salad
Chickpea flour and curcuma powder can be find in any supermarket with no difficulty. They are popular ingredients in Indian and Middle Eastern food, so it is very easy to buy if you need them.
- Combine cold water with chickpea flour in a container;
- Wash and drain broccoli and the onion. Mix them up in a food processor or in a blender;
- Add some turmeric, some black pepper, salt and parsley in the mixture. Continue mincing it;
- Add the vegetables to chickpea flour
- Eventually add some extra virgin olive oil to the mixture;
- Heat a non – stick pan. Pour a spoonful of pancake batter into the pan and spread it to form a pancake (exactly as sweet pancakes);
- Chop up finely red savoy cabbage salad and flavour it with some salt. Let it stand for 30 about minutes.
Cook your pancakes for around 2 minutes on medium heat. Cook the other side for a while. When you finish cooking, let them chill. Garnish them with some yoghurt and seasoned red cabbage salad (as side dish).
Enjoy this delicious yummy recipe! ♥