Chickpea and vegetables curry |Vegan Recipe
This very easy and cheap recipe tastes absolutely amazing and is super vegan! The strong and intense taste of curry together with the softness of chickpeas mixed with vegetables, intensity the basmati rice flavour which is a thousand taste sensation! It is definitely an alternative dish you have to try!
Ingredients for 4/5 people:
– 250 g cooked chickpeas;
– 2500 g Hokkaido bio pumpkin (deseed);
– 250 g savoy cabbage;
– ½ onion;
– 1 garlic clove, crushed;
– 1 tea spoon fresh, root ginger, grated or ½ tea spoon of powdered ginger;
– Sesame or peanut oil;
– 200 ml coconut milk;
– 1 spoon peanut butter;
– 1 spoon mixed Indian spices “garam masala”
– 1 tea spoon turmeric;
– 1 tea spoon dried coriander;
– Some curry leaves (optional);
– Just enough salt.
WHERE TO FIND INGREDIENTS:
This clever everyday recipe has the purpose to be affordable to anyone who would like to try an alternative dish, such as Indian curry. For this reason, all the ingredients are easy and smart to find: try at your local supermarket or even in small Indian shops.
HOW TO PREPARE CURRY:
- Peel off Hokkaido pumpkin and chop it finely.
- Wash up the savoy cabbage and cut it into stripes.
- Add crushed garlic clove and onion. Then put them in a frying pan and slightly brown them together with garam masala, add some water, the turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Cook for few minutes.
- Put chopped pumpkin in a pot and add some water. Then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the savoy cabbage with some salt, pour coconut milk and stir it. Put the lid on the pan lower the heat and occasionally stir it for about 20 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas into the pan with peanut butter to make a thick sauce.
- Serve with basmati rice.
You can use potatoes or spinach instead of pumpkin.
This recipe is very healthy and filling: it is perfect for everyday or weekend dinner and you can enjoy it sipping a glass of good white or red wine.