There are things that suddenly come into our lives and cannot get out of it anymore. These things are as simple as the person we love, the smell of coffee in the early morning or the irresistible scent of crêpes with blueberry cream and spirulina. When I was a child I loved crêpes, even if they seemed to me something
Altenative Pesto | Summer recipe
The noise from the pages of a novel that joins the rippling of the waves, the Sun on my skin, the sand under my feet and the freshness of the water, which removes any negative vibes: if you are free today, I advise you to reach the nearest beach!
A day at the beach is not just a way to relax, but an opportunity to enjoy all the benefits that this place hides.
The benefits of the Sea
It is well known that sunbathing reduces depression and bad mood; however it does not only improve mood: sunlight stimulates vitamin D synthesis and it is essential for the growth and health of bones, hair and skin.
Salt water contains many minerals with antibacterial properties, which can be absorbed by human bodies through an immersion in the water. Mineral salt also stimulates and contrasts blood circulation and fluid retention. In addition, sea water eliminates skin impurities due to its salt and makes it smooth and shiny. The sand can be used as an exfoliating and the sea air helps breathing.
The sea improves physical shape: go for long walks to lose weight and tone up the muscles. The Sea has also a draining effect, it enhances relaxation and wellness: the ocean is a free spa, that maybe you have always underestimated.
I’m super busy with my job and, at the right time, the beach is only a mirage. To enjoy what is my desire, though, I’m going to enjoy a fresh and flavorful dinner. I will combine toasted pine nuts, arugula, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, for a creamy, versatile and fragrant pesto sauce: prepare it for your snacks at the seaside!
- 100 g Rocket
- 100 g Basil
- 20 g Macadamia nuts
- 20 g Brazilian nuts
- 30 g pine nuts
- 70 ml extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt.
- In a baking pan, toast pine nuts, and often shake the pan, until they become brown and leave to cool.
- With a kitchen mixer whisk the garlic, pine nuts and walnuts.
- Add rocket and basil (wash it before), a little oil and blend them together.
- Continue to mix arugula leaves and basil until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
- Add salt to taste
- Blend the pesto quickly to avoid overheating and basil turns black for the heat. (you can also add some ice, to avoid it).
- If you do not have to consume pesto immediately, put it in a jar and cover with the olive oil to preserve.
- This pesto is excellent for seasoning a pasta with cherry tomatoes.
Chocolate mousse (only two ingredients)
Did you ever happen to enter in a store to buy groceries and can’t resist to the tempting power of chocolate? I try many times to run away, but then unexplainably I find myself in front of shelves and despite I repeat myself “Not this time, I’ll be stronger than you”, in a flash, I am at the check-out with a nasty smell and the desire to devour it.
How many qualities, how many benefits and how much power is hidden in a small brown barrel of chocolate, which is able to captivate your taste buds and your mind? It may seem an exaggeration, but scientific studies have shown that a piece of chocolate that is melting in your mouth is much more exciting than a passionate kiss: the heart speeds up, the brain receives intense stimulation and the body is invaded by a gentle sensation of pleasure. Of course, as I have already said in the past, you should prefer the dark chocolate to enjoy all the properties of this product.
Instead, among my favorite vegan chocolate brand there is Vegò, which is an organic, gluten fre and full of nuts chocolate: it is really tasty!
Chocolate is a very versatile ingredient too, and can have many textures. Today, I really wanted something fluffy and soft: a tasty mousse, made with only two ingredients, do you believe it?
The recipe for 4-5 people:
- 200 g chocolate (preferably 70%);
- 250 ml room temperature water (+ just enough water);
- Just enough ice.
- Roughly chop chocolate. (You can also chop it with your hands);
- In a pot put the chocolate and melt it with bain-marie method;
- As soon as the chocolate has completely melted, remove from the heat;
- Add 250 ml of water all at once and mix quickly with a whisk (not electric);
- Take a clean bowl and fill it with 2/4 water and ice cubes
- Pour the chocolate in another smaller bowl;
- Put the bowl with the chocolate in the bowl with the ice;
- Whip the mixture with an electric whisk, until it reaches the consistency of a mousse;
- Let it rest in the fridge at least for one hour.
- The mixture won’t whip right away, so don’t panic if nothing happens at first. After a few minutes it will certainly start to turn into mousse;
- As soon as you have reached the desired consistency, turn off the whisks. If you whip the mixture too much, you risk to turn the chocolate into butter and ruin the texture and flavor!
- If you can wait and you don’t have to eat the mousse, I advise you to leave it in the fridge as long as possible. I have eaten both after a couple of hours, that the next morning: the day after was much more good!