Cacio e pepe or “cheese and pepper” is a Roman classic an easy pasta sauce, and the vegan version is very tasty and particularly easy to prepare, one of those recipes perfect for any occasion and able to create a simple atmosphere, yet special on the table. In addition to its simplicity, this dish is also characterized by the lightness, delicate flavour and authenticity of its ingredients. The grated vegan cheese used, in fact, is based on cashews, which helps to combat heart problems and
Lasagna can totally revolutionize a day, even if it started off on a wrong foot; it’s the best way to indulge in goodness and forget everything else. What I propose today is one of the recipes that I love to prepare (and taste), but that, of course, I reserve only for important occasions, so as to make it twice as much special. The last time, for example, I prepared these lasagne for dinner with friends; however, they are perfect at any
Vegan cream tart with fresh fruit | Quick and easy recipe
This morning the sun has a different smell. It smells of wheat, of poppies, of lost innocence: the smells of my childhood, carried by a slight sense of sentimentality.
I go out for a walk. I look at people’s faces from Clapton and their attentive looks. They seem so busy while taking their buses. Nonetheless, today I would like to stay away from the chaotic life of the City and going back to my childhood, when I used to run through the fields of my native county. Behind a grey road and hidden from red big vehicles here’s the Lee Valley.
I am just in love with this. London always seems to hide its beauty in its artificiality. Suddenly, cold noises just fade away and comes the Nature. I feel I am flooded by calm and serenity, so I start sinking in my memories… I stumble into the images of a little girl, who used to look at the lizards on the rocks and who loved to climb up on an oak tree and always scraped her knees. It’s funny how, suddenly, you can relieve past feelings and sensations, only by living the present moments.
It is maybe because here it’s full of berries. In a moment, I feel the taste of my grandmother’s lemon pie, when nobody blamed me if I dared to lick that cream from the spoon. I feel the smell of the crunchy shortcrust pastry and the freshness of fruits…
So, why don’t we give ourselves a bit of sweetness? We are the Past, the Present, we are the Spring!
Ingredients for the crust:
- 150 g of Digestive type biscuits;
- 85 g of melted Vegan butter;
- 70 g of agave syrup (of any other type of sweetener);
- Just enough fresh fruit to garnish or fill the cream.
Ingredients for the cream:
- 230 ml of vegetal milk;
- 10 g of corn starch;
- 20 g of agave syrup;
- 5 g of organic liquid vanilla;
- Some organic lemon peel.
Preparation for the crust:
- Preheat the oven at 180°C;
- Crumble Digestive biscuits and combine them with melted butter and agave syrup, until you have a consistent mixture;
- Put the mixture in a baking pan of 20 cm diameter. Spread and flat it well, until you have a uniform mixture of 1 cm height;
- Put the crust into the oven for about 8 minutes;
- Leave the crust out from the oven and let it cold down.
Preparation for the cream:
- Pour some milk in a small pot and add corn starch. Let it cook slowly and blend it occasionally;
- Add some maple syrup, some vanilla essence, and lemon peel. Never stop blending the mixture;
- Let the mixture boil on medium heat until it thickens;
- Continue cooking the cream and never stop blending. The cream should be thicken;
- Cover the cream with film and let it cold, then put in the fridge for around 2 hours;
- Finally, fill the crust with the cream.
Now you can fill the pie with lots of fresh fruit and enjoy it with your friends!