Stuffed avocado with quinoa | Summer fresh recipe
How do you start the beginning of a new week?
I have welcomed this Monday with a fruit extract, a cup of coffee and the purrs of my cat Noir. I left home early to have a walk in Victoria Park and relaxing for a while, before dealing with work commitments. I am walking along the pathways, loving and hating the grey skies of London.
I consider Monday lunch one of the most important of the whole week: it should be healthy, simple yet tastier than usual, because it should give a proper energy to face a tough week. I enter a supermarket, I stop at my favorite department (fruits and vegetables, of course) and with caution and patience I choose the best pieces. Choosing vegetables is very important to prepare healthy and tasty dishes.
Avocado, for example, should be neither too hard nor too soft, but react to the pressure of the hands without can dent. Will be the avocado the protagonist of today’s recipe: a fruit antioxidant, antitumor, anti-inflammatory, which helps weight loss and skin beauty, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure is good and versatile. In short, it is the perfect ally to fight boredom on Monday!
The avocado fruit, for example, should not be neither too hard nor too soft, but it should react to the pressure of the hands without warping itself. The avocado will be the protagonist of today’s recipe: an antioxidant, antitumor, anti-inflammatory fruit, which helps weighting loss and helps skin beauty, it lowers cholesterol and blood pressure and it is even good and versatile. In short, it is the perfect ally to fight boredom on Monday!
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 4-5 avocados
- 100 g quinoa
- ½ red onion
- ½ cucumber
- 50 g pre-cooked peas
- 50 g cherry tomatoes
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon juice
- Some fresh coriander or parsley leaves
- A pinch of salt
For the quinoa:
- Wash quinoa to remove saponines (which makes it bitter);
- Heat a pan with a little olive oil and toast quinoa for about a minute;
- Add twice as much water than quinoa;
- Simmer until water is completely absorbed;
- Peel and chop onion, then add it to quinoa;
- Wash cucumbers, cut into chops and add them to quinoa.
- Add chopped tomatoes and peas to the mixture.
- Season it with oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
For the avocado:
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and brush with olive oil and lemon;
- Grill the avocados on a burner for a few minutes. (until grill marks appear.);
- With the help of a spoon, fill the avocados with quinoa;
- Serve them cold.