Vegan stracchino is a preparation 100% plant-based, creamy, with a delicate and light flavor, that has nothing to envy to the traditional version. The elimination of cheeses from our diet is definitely one of the most difficult steps for most of the people who want to switch to a vegan lifestyle but recipes like this one
make this stage easier and full of taste. Finding out that you can get cheese alternatives in such an easy and genuine way proves once again that in vegan cooking everything is possible.
Creamy and easy to spread
Loved by adults and children, vegetable stracchino is the perfect ingredient to make irresistible our snacks during the day. It is great for savory breakfasts, snacks, to fill sandwiches and wraps or to be enjoyed with raw vegetables, and in many other ways. The ingredient that gives a flavour similar to the original to this and other plant-based cheeses is the nutritional yeast in flakes, a deactivated yeast very nutritious and rich in taste. The other element that makes this recipe perfect is soy yogurt, which in addition to being a source of protein, makes the vegetable stracchino incredibly creamy and easy to spread. It doesn’t take cruelty to love what we eat, vegetable ingredients give us everything we need!
Prep 10 min Cook 5 min Portion 4
- 115 ml of Sugar-free Soy Milk
- 60 ml of Sugar-free Soy Yogurt
- 15 g of Potato Starch
- 5 g of Corn Starch
- 2 tsp of E.V.O. Oil
- 2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp of Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Salt to taste
- In a pot mix milk, potato starch, corn starch, oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt to taste. Mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Transfer to the stove over medium-low heat and cook until you get a thick and sticky consistency.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add yogurt and stir quickly. You will get a soft and creamy stracchino, great to taste on slices of toasted bread or to stuff sandwiches and wraps.