It happened to all of us to don’t be in the mood for cooking and, for this reason, to settle for a piadina for dinner or lunch. But, what about homemade wholegrain flat bread? Simple, fast and tasty, definitely a healthier and more sustainable alternative than those sold in supermarkets. Of course, it is a less immediate
solution, but with a few more minutes in the kitchen we can make a better choice for our body and the environment. I often prepare these wraps and stuff them with seasonal vegetables, homemade creams and lots of love: I absolutely recommend you to try them.
Delicate and soft dough
The secret of this recipe is definitely the addition of yogurt, which gives the dough a delicate flavor and an irresistible softness. We can replace whole-grain flour with spelled flour or another flour of your choice, but I recommend unrefined flours to enjoy the best of the qualities and benefits of the ingredients we use in the kitchen. These wholegrain wraps are perfect for last minute dinners and lunches, outdoor picnics or savory and sweet snacks (they are tasty even when served with a sweet filling). In other words, they are the perfect starting point to make any meal special!
Prep 15 min Cook 25 min Portion 6
- 480 g of Wholegrain Flour or another flour of your choice
- 180 ml of Warm Water
- 4 tbsp of Natural Soy Yogurt
- 2 tbsp of E.V.O. Oil
- ½ tsp of Salt
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl. Start to incorporate the yogurt, oil and finally water. Start mixing with a spoon to combine the ingredients, then form the dough using your hands. (If it is too dry add more water and, if not, more flour).
- Move the dough on a clean surface and work it well until you get a soft and homogeneous dough. Let it rest covered with a clean cloth for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into balls of the size you prefer (I made six) and roll them with a rolling pin to obtain circles of thin dough. (You can give the shape you want, the important thing is that the dough is thin. I prefer a shape not perfectly circular but slightly longer).
- Heat a non-stick or greased pan with a little oil and cook the wraps for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Finally, stuff them as you like and serve.
- You can store them in an airtight container and wrap them in a clean cloth to keep them soft until the next day.